In July 2016, compassionate Mayor Alimar R. Briana supported educating the mothers of Mabini with a campaign to raise their awareness of malnutrition named the “10 Kumainments”.
The activity aims to promote positive nutrition practices to prevent malnutrition and encourage the adoption of a healthy lifestyle in the community.
In addition to the on-going feeding program, the team led by Madam Charita Bustria, Municipal Nutritionist went to different Day Care Centers of this town to discuss with the mothers and their children about the meaning of the “10 Kumainments”. Madam Monaliza R. Dizon also added to the discussion of the “10 Kumainments”, which are:
1. Eat a variety of foods every day.
2. Breast-feed infants exclusively from birth to 4-6 months and then, give appropriate foods while continuing breast-feeding.
3. Maintain children's normal growth through proper diet and monitor their growth regularly.
4. Consume fish, lean meat, poultry or dried beans.
5. Eat more vegetables, fruits and root crops.
6. Eat foods cooked in edible/cooking oil daily.
7. Consume milk, milk products and other calcium-rich foods such as small fish and dark green leafy vegetables every day.
8. Use iodized salt, but avoid excessive intake of salty foods.
9. Eat clean and safe food.
10. For a healthy lifestyle and good nutrition, exercise regularly, do not smoke and avoid drinking alcoholic beverages.
Madam Bustria is hopeful that the mothers are now following the guidelines and finding ways to get healthy and nutritionally well.
Source and more photos at: LGU-Mabini's FB page.